Units Now Available
On Order: 0
MFR Lead Time: NA
Warranty: 12 Months
Softing Inc. - FiberXpert OTDR 5000 Quad
After a fiber optic cable installation, wouldn't it be nice to have an x-ray device that would allow you to see through walls and check bend radius, splices, breaks, and connectors? The FiberXpert uses optical time domain reflectometery to send a light pulse through the fiber and then measure the reflected signal profile to check bend radius, splices, breaks, and connectors. In fact, these components, fault types, and distance to fault are all graphically displayed on the FiberXpert. The FiberXpert optical time domain reflectometer is a complete solution with both multi-mode 850/1300 nm and single-mode 1310/1550 nm. For both multi-mode and single-mode fibers, the FiberXpert OTDR 5000 has a high dynamic range with event dead zone less than 80 cm for measuring and documenting short fiber links to global standards and for identifying faults.
FiberXpert OTDR 5000 Quad Product Highlights
• Compliant to Tier 2 Standards of fiber optic cabling, which includes both Tier 1 Light Source Power Meter (LSPM) and Tier 2 Optical Time Domain Reflectometer (OTDR)
• Automatic Pass/Fail analysis of the test results compared to limits specified by TIA/IEC
• Graphical display of OTDR trace provides on-screen images and read-out of distance between connectors, splices, and end of cable using reflection and attenuation analysis
• All fiber link events and analysis conveniently listed in a table of results
• Automatic macro-bend detection; increasingly important as installation space gets tighter
• Built-in optical loss test set to help you formally accept end-to-end loss specifications
• Optional high precision fiber inspection probe for detecting dirty and damaged connectors
• Large color LCD touch screen, and hands-free neck strap
• Generate professional reports with Softing's included eXport software; FiberXpert and WireXpert integrated to one reporting software platform
Softing Inc. & TRS-RenTelco
TRS-RenTelco is a proud partner of Softing Inc. and offers a wide range of rental, purchase and leasing solutions designed specifically to meet the evolving needs of the electronic testing industry. Our close relationship with Softing Inc. allows us to ensure we have the right Optical Test solution for your job.
Renting Optical Test
With TRS-RenTelco, renting Optical Test equipment has never been easier. Enjoy same-day shipping, lease, and finance options on our inventory of over 5000 electronic testing equipment rentals. As one of North America’s largest test equipment rental providers, it is our mission to support the endeavors of our clients no matter how big or small with reliable expertise, excellent customer service, accuracy, and speed.
Links to Additional Information
Softing Inc. Products from TRS-RenTelco
On Order: 0
MFR Lead Time: NA